Thursday, June 24, 2010

Alright guys. One day left until I leave  for the John Muir. Deciding between reading Edward Abbey's "Monkey Wrench Gang" or John Muir's "The Wilderness World of John Muir". I cannot decide. Both are about the wilderness, though Abbey's is about activism (moreso than Muir). Either will be good I guess. I'll be out in the wilderness either way. Cannot wait/ a bit nervous. Leave tomorrow morning @ 9:30 for somewhere around Lee Vining/Mammoth where we will stay the night and hike and hang at altitude. Then Yosemite on Saturday, stay the night, and let the fun begin Sunday morning. My friends Adam, Cory, and Andrew just crossed the Canadian border from Maine about 3 days ago on their bikes. I will be meeting them in about 2 1/2 months in Banff. Radical. Also, seeing as this first part of my trip is the John Muir trail and computers are nearly hanging off of trees in bounty, you will not be seeing many updates or any updates until I get back and upload some words and photos. Cheers to all. Always with honor and love,
           Scott Ender

No comments:

Post a Comment